So in my last post, I mentioned that the responsible thing for me to do would be to "get going on re-doing DD3's "Sweetness" tank top before she outgrows the biggest size I can make with the amount of yarn I have." And, as it turns out, I had an attack of responsibility and did just that. When last we left DD3's tank top, I was making it in the 24-month size, and had run out of cream yarn here:
This didn't worry me at the time, because there was supposed to be another ball of cream available. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a completely different colour (although still neutral, hence the confusion), so I was, unfortunately, not destined to be able to complete the garment as I'd started it.
Thus, I frogged it completely and re-started it, this time using the 12-month size instructions. There was a fair bit of frogging that had to occur during the second go-round of the project, since I didn't have enough cream to finish even that, so I had to cut down the texture sections by one repeat in order to have enough. And it turns out that I had just enough - there's no more cream left. Now that's good stash management, I say. :)
And as if that weren't enough, I decided to do another Sweetness, this time for DD2, whose birthday is next week. In order to size it up to fit her almost-five-year-old-self, I used worsted weight yarn on 4.5mm needles instead of the called-for sport/DK weight yarn on 4mm needles, and went with the 24-month size instructions. I didn't go very far before I realised that I had sized it up waaaaay too big, so I ripped back and started following the 12-month size instructions. So far, so good:
I'm putting white strips into the skirt part so that I don't run out of pink. I've been doing a lot of weighing at various stages, and it'll be quite close, but I should be able to finish with just a bit of the pink left. (Famous last words, I know.)