Startitis continues to hold me in its thrall.
My girls gave me this yarn for Christmas:
It's fuzzy and unbelievably soft. I think the girls (the older ones, at least, who chose it while shopping for me at the LYS) had the idea that I could use it as a bib for DD3, but I didn't think the polyester content would make it absorbent enough for such a purpose. So I did a search on Ravelry and realised that it would be fabulous for a stuffed toy. It was tough to narrow it down, but I finally decided on the adorable (and free!) "Sock Giraffe" pattern by Bobbi Padgett. I got started yesterday, but have only done one hoof so far. Pictures when there's actually something substantive to see.
I also decided that the older girls needed socks, so I went stash-diving and found some Patons Kroy Stripes sock yarn that I'd bought on sale at Michaels some months back. I had never quite decided which kid it was going to be for, so I thought I might see if I could actually get two pairs of socks out of it. I started with DD1's socks:
Once the feet were done of that pair, I looked at how many colour stripes I had left in the ball and figured each ball probably had about 26 stripes in it. DD1's feet had taken 20 stripes, which meant DD2's feet would take about 18 stripes, leaving 14 stripes for 4 sock legs. That would give me legs which weren't terribly long, but certainly longer than ankle socks. Score! So I went for it and started DD2's pair as well. So far, I've finished one foot:
Amazingly, I also remain disciplined on the finishing-up of my Elizabeth of York vest. This shot of all three pieces (back, left front, and partially-done right front) was taken earlier, but I'm a bit further along on the right front at this point - hopefully it won't be too long before I can start the armhole shaping on it.
Ugh, so pretty, I love it! Yes, Carrie K, I definitely recommend taking another look at it. I think it might just be my favourite texture pattern ever.
Happy new year, everyone!