Sunday, May 22, 2011

Scrumptious

New pattern! New pattern!

This is one I've had in the works for some time, and finally finished up everything I needed to do to write it up. It's a baby/toddler/child cardigan that's worked all in one piece, so you don't need to do any seaming up at the end - just weave in the ends and sew on a single button.

I call it "Parfait", because it has layers (thank-you, Shrek) and because it looks quite delicious, I think. Here are the shots of all the sample pieces I've done with the pattern so far (with the exception of the original prototype, which I think I frogged to make other samples).

First, we have the one I did for a co-worker. This was done in James C. Brett "Baby Marble", which is a really, really sweet variegated baby yarn.

Completed, front view
front

Completed, back view
back

Then we have one that I did for a former co-worker who suddenly found himself in need of baby clothes. (He and his husband got a call out of the blue that a baby girl - who was the biological sister of one of their two sons - was available for adoption, and were they interested? Naturally they were, but, as they had thought their family was complete, they had already gotten rid of all their baby things and needed to quickly find a new house to fit their bigger family, so their lives were suddenly very chaotic and I figured they could really use an immediate wardrobe enhancement for the new little one.) I decided to try alternating the colours of the layers, and I think it came out great:

Completed, front view
front

Completed, back view
back

After solidifying the pattern instructions considerably, I made this sample which I intended to use as a visual for the pattern write-up, with my younger daughter modelling it. It uses the yarn I had originally intended for the pattern, James C. Brett "Marble". This is an acrylic yarn that really doesn't look like an acrylic yarn. I love the colour variegation!

Completed, front view
front

Completed, back view
back

Parfait - possible shot
in action, front

Parfait - possible shot
in action, back

I can't remember when I finished this one, but it was also for the pattern write-up, with my older daughter modelling it. I used Marble again, this time in a colour more flattering to the intended model.

parfait-afront
in action, front

parfait-aside
in dramatic action, side

parfait-aback
in action, back

And finally, we have this one, which I started on Thursday and finished before I went to bed last night. I made it as a prize for a fundraising event for a family where the daughter has an incredible number of health problems and it's taking a toll on their finances. This was a stashbuster - I grabbed some leftover James C. Brett "Kool Kotton" and Sirdar "Denim Tweed DK" and went to town.

parfait-tiered
front

parfait-tieredback
back

Anyway, the pattern is available for $4.99US, and it's also eligible for my pregnancy sale special. If you're interested, you can get more information by following the link for it in the "My Designs" section on the right, or just go right ahead and...

BUY

No comments: