Saturday, May 22, 2010

Acquisitions

Last weekend, I think it was, DD1 wanted to do some polymer clay playing. She used up pretty much our entire supply of usable stuff and wanted more. So I dropped by the local Michaels and found some. But I also kind of happened to be near the yarn section, and they were having a sale on Patons Classic Wool. Regularly $7.99 for a 100g ball, they were selling at $2.99 apiece. I may have bought five.

stash-classicwool

Then on Tuesday, yarn support arrived!

stash-luscious

It's "Luscious", from Kollage Yarns. I was a bit doubtful at first, as it's 63% cotton - I figured it'd be hard on the hands, show every imperfection in my knitting, etc. But nope! It's gorgeous stuff. Easy to knit, and it's making my pattern show up bee-yew-tifully. That's all I can tell you, though, because things have to remain secret until publication. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Carrie K said...

Why does my Michaels only carry yucky yarn?

Hey, I have that Threads, I didn't realize Alice Starmore had articles in it. I'll bet I haven't read it in years.