The tone of my last blog entry was, I won't deny it, fairly panicked. However, it turns out that, aside from a very late night on Thursday plus a wee chunk of time spent hiding away from my husband on his birthday, that I really had nothing to worry about.
- Birthday socks for DH
- He didn't receive 1.5 socks. Yay! I did, however, stay up until 1am the night before, and secreted myself alone in our bedroom on the afternoon of his actual birthday to accomplish 2 full socks. Unfortunately, I could not present him with a 100% completed pair, because I couldn't find my tapestry needles. I'd taken them as part of my "emergency kit" to my cousin's wedding a few weeks ago. (This kit included other helpful things like elastic bands and safety pins...the bridesmaids were all amazed when I kept pulling out the exact items they were freaking out about needing from my purse...clearly they were new to this wedding thing. ;) And unfortunately the needle case had gone missing since then. So the socks looked great on the outside, but on the inside...ends galore.
Fortunately, my husband found the needle case a few days later while frantically searching for something else (that is so typical of us), and by Sunday, the ends were all woven in. The socks are practically a perfect fit - I could have made them about two rows shorter, but they were good nonetheless. He really liked the colourway and is quite happy.
- Blanket for baby Blewitt
- All done! I finished off the weaving of the ends; did a minor fix on the back to some loose floats, where I had corrected a particularly bad screwup on the fly instead of ripping all the way back to the error point; and added a tassel on each corner.
It looks glorious. I am floating with triumph. (As is my ego, evidently...but I refuse to stop being proud about this one.) My older daughter thinks it's awesome and my toddler loves to cuddle on it, so I think it's safe to say that it will be a success. I sooo wish I could share photos with you guys, but since I'm planning to sell this pattern (I'm trying to put together a collection to hopefully be published in its own book), I think it's smarter to keep it hush-hush.
- Ice Queen for DD1's teacher
- After the birthday sock panic was over, I cast on for this. To my delight, it works up really fast - I'm about a third done the number of rows on the main part already. It looks lovely.
So I think I'll have plenty of time to do DH's Father's Day socks.
I guess this means that all my worrying was for naught! However, I did get to amuse the heck out of Moon with my phrase about being screwed in the knitting department. (Hm. There's an unfortunate visual if you interpret the last bit of that sentence a different way...)