Sunday, March 12, 2006

Weekend progress report

Herald's tabard for moi
Back has begun. Not much to shout about, though, I've only worked one decrease so far:


The good news, though, is that I recreated the instructions for the sleeves (and realised that yesterday I wrote about figuring out sleeve decreases when I should have said increases...whoops).

Still behind on The Schedule, but at least now I'm forging ahead.

Fafner blanket for baby Whyte
This weekend the plan got put into action. I took note of how many rows were in the body of the blanket (146). I put all the stitches for the body on the row above where I was going to cut onto a needle. I then cut the intended row, leaving me with two pieces of blanket. I ripped back the bottom half to below the turquoise cable motif and put the stitches on a needle. I attached the new-found turquoise yarn to the edging and attempted to finish it.

I HAD ENOUGH TURQUOISE.

Barely. This is how much was left over:


Whew.

Then I grafted the cast-on and cast-off edges of the edging together. I counted how many rows were on the top section of the blanket (61) and calculated that I therefore needed to have 84 rows done on the bottom section of the blanket before I could start grafting the two pieces of body back together (61 + 84 + 1 grafting row = 146). I knit on the bottom section until I had 84 rows. I grafted the top and bottom together.

Unbelievable. It's all coming together. Literally - I've started to sew the body to the edging:


Not bad, eh?

3 comments:

rachel said...

Yay for you and not giving up!!! Well done indeed

Anonymous said...

Are you planning to drop by Peter and Heather's housewarming tomorrow?

We will be, and I'd love to see you!

Anonymous said...

Poop...

slippy finger...

that was me!