Monday, January 30, 2006

'Wear it in joy', indeed

Thank you, rachel, for that entirely appropriate phrase. I shall, I shall, I shall. Here's why:


complete shawl


me modelling the shawl, as seen from the back (this is what happens when your husband leaves the making of everyone's lunches until the last minute and consequently has no time in the morning to help you out by taking a decent picture of you modelling your knitwear, thus leaving you to your own devices, hence the really sucky quality of this picture)


me modelling the shawl, as seen from the front (slightly better, but please try to ignore the green pillbottle cap in front of my crotch and all the white spots throughout the shot which are just droplet marks on the mirror)

Eight days, folks. Eight days. I had no idea I could knit something like this so fast.

DD's reaction? "Is that your new shawl?"
"Yep!" I said.
"Wow...it's GREAT!" she enthused. Boy I love my kid. She was just as excited as I was. :)

This so came to work with me today.

(rachel, I feel for you about the mistake in your shawl - I detest tinking back lace. I have no idea how I managed to avoid serious errors in this project.)

Self-patterning socks for DH
In the absence of the right equipement to continue DH's anniversary present, I'm focusing on the next deadline-driven item, which is DH's birthday present. The toe is now complete and I'm moving up the foot. So far we are still matching sock #1 bee-yew-tifully.

No comments: