Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Comments and panic

I've been pretty bad about responding to comments lately. So here's my attempt to remedy that:

Gillian confirmed my belief that our Girl Guides campsite at Doe Lake was Bella Coola and mentioned a bit of her own trauma from that bleak, cold week. :::Shudder::: Perhaps we should agree never to speak of it again. :)

Jen complimented the Fafner blanket - thank you! I also gravitate towards daunting-yet-beautiful projects, but this one is getting me down because it's taking way longer than I thought it would. Hope to see you at a January SnB!

Kelly likes my hang tags. Thanks! Sure I can bring some of them to an SnB! I'm toying with the idea of going next week - will you be there? (More to the point, will Lettuce even be open, or are the SnBs done until the new year?) I'm not sure I'll be able to print out any new ones before then, but I can bring some of the 'rejects' that didn't really work out but are still a great example of how well the design prints out on photo paper. (They 'didn't really work out' because, well, :::blush::: I screwed up - I tried to do a double-sided tag by glueing [gluing?] the front and back together and it failed miserably because the glue made the whole thing all ripply.)

And now, the panic component...

Cape Cod sweater for MIL
This project is now the be-all-and-end-all of my knitting life. I have to finish it by tomorrow night so that it can block and dry on Friday so that it will be ready to be wrapped and brought to my MIL's on Saturday. As of this morning, sleeve #2 looked like this:

and I had this much yarn left:

(spool of thread included as a size reference)

Right now I have about 160 rows left to go - 105 on sleeve #1 and about 55 on sleeve #2.

So! The two big questions are:
  1. Do I have enough yarn to complete both sleeves?
  2. Will I be able to finish the sweater in time?
The answer to each of these questions is: I have no freakin' idea.

This should be fun.

No comments: