Thursday, August 25, 2005

How did that happen?

Somehow, three days went by without blogging. Probably because even though there's been a lot of knitting, the knitting that's been done does not make for scintillating journal entries. Sorry. I'll keep trying!

In an effort to compensate for the dullness of my own blog, I have added a link in the sidebar to another blog which is definitely not dull. It's You Knit What??, and you should absolutely check it out because it is freakin' hilarious.

Lacy shawl for baby Muth
I've been taking this to work with me most days this week, and some progress is happening. I am, however, only 23% done.

Stornaway sweater for BIL (blue)
My goal of finishing the back this week is looking more and more like an impossible dream. The back is probably about nine inches tall, it's Thursday already, and I've only done about two inches. Taking a week off in the fall just to knit is an idea that's looking better all the time.

Larry's Cabled Cashmere Pullover for DH
I couldn't help myself. DH went out last night to get gas so I whipped out the project and did a few more rows.

Herald tabard for moi
I finally took the three balls of yellow wool down to the basement and found the electronic scale. The news is good - each ball is around 55g. At approximately 900 yards per pound, that gives me over 100 yards per shade of yellow. This might well be enough. It should at least be enough for one of the yellow motifs, so worst-case scenario, I can always do the motif on the front out of one of the yellows, and the motif on the back out of another yellow, and you won't be able to tell that anything is off unless you walk all around me looking for inconsistencies.

Sleeping socks for moi
Stealing DH's birthday socks to sleep in last week convinced me that I had to make a pair for myself. I don't know when I'm going to have the time, but somehow I must find it because, damn. Those socks were comfy.

No comments: