Thursday, August 04, 2005

Free pattern

So I finally got my s*** together and finished writing up the pattern I created for the argyle cardigan project earlier this year. You can download it in PDF format (167K). I've also made it available in my sidebar under the 'My Designs' header. Enjoy. I've tried to make it as error-free as possible, but if you run into any problems, please let me know. If you make the cardigan, pleeeze drop me a line, I'd love to hear about it.

Lacy shawl for baby Muth
Work proceeds. I got a few more rows done last night while watching the travesty that was the Canadian Idol results show. (I am still staggered and incensed that Casey has not once appeared in the bottom three. Clearly people are not voting based on performing competence. But I digress.)

I tried this morning to take a picture which shows off the nice shimmery-ness of the silver yarn, but without giving away what the piece looks like (since I will be trying to publish the pattern). This was the best I could do:

Oh, well. Trust me - in person, it's sparkly.

Stornaway sweater for BIL (blue)
I've reached the underarm gussets! I've reached the underarm gussets! Mind you, they're still really small - but I'm just a few stitches away from being able to increase them again.

Mountain Laurel Counterpane blanket for Cooper Gelman
When we were at my parents' place for dinner earlier this week I asked my mom if she'd given the baby's maternal grandparents (who live in the same condo building as my parents) the blanket so that it could be passed on to the baby's parents. My mom said yes, it had, and that the gift had been given to the parents, and opened. Apparently, said grandparents went into transports of delight upon seeing the blanket, and the grandfather wanted to know if I would make one in grownup size for him. :) I have no idea if the parents liked the blanket (my mom forgot to ask), but at least somebody related to the baby did, so that's good. :)

No comments: