Monday, July 18, 2005

Hostia!

So over the weekend, someone actually found their way to my blog by searching for "spanish swear words". (They got this page.) This amuses me highly. I am sure the poor soul did not find what they were looking for.

However, I feel like using a few swear words myself because once again I made an eBay yarn purchase without first going through YourShops.ca so I could earn more Air Miles. I keep forgetting to do this! On the other hand, it still means I have four pounds of dark green 65% lambs wool/35% camel down coming my way. Soon. I hope. And that cannot possibly suck.

The urge to swear is also gripping me because I have read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and I am very angry and sad at the turn the plot has taken. (The book arrived at 11:40am on Saturday and I had it read by 6pm that evening. DH is now tearing his way through it, after which we will actually be able to discuss it together.) Anyone know when book seven will come out? Sigh.

Hooded jacket for baby Sperling
Done! Finished it off on Friday night and I'm very happy with it. I wish I'd had wooden buttons (I did some button browsing at last week's SnB at Lettuce Knit with this jacket in mind, but none of the wooden buttons were really small enough for the buttonholes, sad to say, because they were quite cute). But I made do with some plastic ones in a vaguely wood colour from my (admittedly meagre) button stash. I still think it looks pretty darn good.

front

back

'in action'

Stornaway sweater for BIL (blue)
This is coming along bee-yew-tifully. I am fewer than five inches away from starting the underarm gussets.

No comments: