Thursday, June 16, 2005

One a.m.

Celtic cable sweater for baby MacDonald
I stayed up quite late last night to finish it, but IT GOT DONE. It looks freakin' awesome, if I do say so myself. I'm really super-pleased. I still have great bitterness towards the sweater for putting me through everything it did, but I cannot deny that it is a beautiful piece of work and that I am proud as punch about it. Then this morning, DH and I slept in, were late leaving the house, hit really bad traffic, and I barely got to work in time for the party to actually give the sweater to my co-worker. However, I made it with about three minutes to spare. He loved it. Very appreciative. It also provoked a spontaneous 'awwww' from the rest of the department. :) I am flushed with triumph...and pretty tired, too.
Itchy-and-Scratchy mittens for baby MacDonald
Also given at this morning's party. Everyone thinks they're great, and very funny, which is exactly what I was going for. Yay!
Striped socks for DH
Started in on these again on this morning's commute. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to finish the sock by Sunday. I'm beginning to find that I've exchanged one panic project for another. However, I might be able to whip out the knitting at my department picnic this afternoon. I very stupidly put on my regular heeled shoes this morning instead of the sneakers I had intended to wear, so playing baseball with everyone is right out (although admittedly, I'm probably too tired today to play sports, even if I was wearing the right shoes). Maybe I can knit while socializing with my non-baseball-playing co-workers. Let's hope.

No comments: