Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I am too stupid to live

Mountain Laurel Counterpane blanket for baby Gelman
Today is the day slotted for trying the math I worked out for the border. Therefore, this morning I packed my copious notes, the blanket, my longest circular needle, a 7mm DPN for my working needle, and a bunch of stitch and row markers to help me count all the stitches. I picked up stitches all through my commute and my lunch (hey, it takes a while to pick up 464 stitches at very precise intervals). I was greatly looking forward to actually doing some knitting on the commute home instead of all this dumb picking-up of stitches. Until it hit me like a ton of bricks. Have you spotted the problem yet? I did not remember to pack any yarn. Of all the dumb knitting mistakes I have ever made, this has got to take the cake (with the possible exception of the time a few weeks ago when I forgot to pack needles). How, praytell, is one supposed to knit if one does not bring the frickin' yarn?
Hooded jacket for baby Sperling
I finished the second sleeve last night, six days ahead of schedule. At least something is going right. Next up: the hood.

No comments: