Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The early bird

...Ain't me. But it's a good thing we did have an early bird singing its sweet little heart out near our window this morning, because that's all that woke my husband and I up after we slept through both alarms again. I blame DH. He has the luxury of being home all day and can nap. He should be bright and chipper and forcing me to get up. Yeah.

Anyway, the lost half-hour this morning once again destroyed all my big photo-taking-for-the-blog plans. I was thinking of showing off how great my living/dining room looks, displaying the new buttons I got in the mail from my MIL yesterday, maybe squeezing in some shots of my Vigdis and Cape Cod projects...but, no. Nada. Zilcho. Squat. Sorry! I'll try again tomorrow.

Snowdrop cloth for DH's aunt
I didn't get a whole lot of time to work on this last night, but I can say that I am just one measly little row away from starting to break out the centre panel. Woo!
Cape Cod sweater for MIL
Coming along very nicely indeed. I'm three-quarters into pattern repeat #2.
Carnival Coat for DD
Yesterday's mail brought buttons from my MIL! Armed with the original buttons she had bought for the project, she went back to her LYS and successfully got another 2-pack exactly like them. So she mailed off both packs, thus sending me four buttons, right? Alas, no. One of the buttons broke in transit. :( At least, I have to believe it happened in-transit, since I don't think for a moment she would have sent me a button she knew was broken. That's the bad news. The good news is that I only need three buttons for the project, so it's okay. It means I have no extra buttons if one happens to get lost or (heaven help us) broken, but at least I can finish the darn project with what I have. MIL, on the other hand, is probably going to be very upset to hear of the demise of button #4. Take this story as a warning, kiddies - don't send buttons in the mail without protection. Bubble wrap would have worked, and the recipient gets the pleasure of popping the bubbles.

No comments: