Thursday, April 07, 2005

Den of tranquility

And here it is. A shot of our living/dining room as seen facing the sofa. Note that the sofa is ready to be sat on by anyone, without their having to move anything aside to make room for their heinie. The two end tables are full of knitting, and the baskets are full of yarn. But it's all tidy. Even the dining table behind the sofa is clear, save for a centrepiece of a glass oil lamp upon a decorative potholder. And it is in this fantastic environment that I've been knitting for the past several evenings. Ahhhh. Serenity now.

Next up: the powder room. :::Shudder:::

Snowdrop cloth for DH's aunt
I am annoyed. Last night as I was working on this, I received a phone call. It was from a lovely woman calling for a legitimate reason (as opposed to, say, a telemarketing purpose) and I enjoyed talking to her. However, if she hadn't called, I would not have jumped up and not noticed that I'd gotten my foot caught in the strand of yarn between the cone and the knitting. SNAP. Sigh. I'm guessing that knotting strands at the back is not a good option for lace knitting, eh? Grumble grumble. Oh, well. I started the breaking-out of the centre panel last night, and continued this morning on my commute. It looks good.
Cape Cod sweater for MIL
Coming along nicely! I'm quite close to finishing pattern repeat #2.
Carnival Coat for DD
Behold, the buttons:

I took them and the cardigan to work today, so I should be able to sew on all three buttons on my lunch break.

No comments: